½ cup boiling water
4 oz bittersweet/semisweet chocolate roughly chopped
1 tsp instant coffee (I used a whole instant coffee single bag)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ cup (8 tbsp) unsalted butter (room temp)
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup compacted brown sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare (& butter, if using non silicone) , a 8×4″ loaf pan, and line with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate, cocoa & boiling water in a bowl and mix until chocolate is melted. Let cool while measuring other ingredients.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and cooled down chocolate liquids.
- Mix only until incorporated.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips, and mix in with a spatula.
- Place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes.