2 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs (can be still frozen)
1 cup dried apricots cut in halves
2 tablespoons ras el hanout spice blend
1 tablespoon kosher salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic crushed
To thicken the sauce:
about 1 tsp of cornstarch
- Fill a pot of water, and set sous vide to 165°F.
- Place Chicken thighs, apricots, ras el hanout, salt, oil and garlic in vacuum sealed bag.
- Place bag in sous vide water and submerge for at least 1 hr (if frozen add 1 hour to your cook time) at 165.
- When done, drain the liquids into a small pan. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Mix ~1 tablespoon water with 1 tsp cornstarch in a cup, and when well mixed add to small pan.
- Bring (back) to a gentle boil, and mix well for a minute or more. The liquids will thicken.
- In a serving dish mix sauce with chicken thighs and apricots.
* Serve with pasta, rice or quinoa.