This recipe for yummy [vegan] Banana Chocolate Chip Oat cookies is based on 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. After reading the comments I made a few modifications.
Makes: 30 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 miutes
2 c Rolled Oats
2 very ripe bananas mashed
1/4 vegan salted butter
* 1/4 salt [if using unsalted butter]
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
1/2 c vegan mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat convection oven to 375°F, with top and bottom racks on the top and bottom thirds of the oven.
- Prepare 2 half baking sheets w silicone liners.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl.
- Soften butter in microwave, and mix it into mashed bananas.
- Add all other ingredients in and mix until well incorporated.
- With a small cookie scoop (#50) [or spoon] form similar sized 30 balls, evenly spaced on prepared cookie sheets .
- Flatten balls with the back of a spoon to form round flat cookies.
- Bake both sheets in preheated oven. Make sure to alternate trays after 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on cooling rack. When completely cool, store in airtight container.
You will notice that it is far from the basic recipe I have used.
- I added sugar and vegan butter to make the cookies more crispy.
- I added instant coffee to make the banana flavor less dominant.
- I added cinnamon and vanilla to compliment the chocolate chips.
This recipe is:
- gluten free
- make it sugar free by omitting the sugar, and using sugar free chocolate chips or by adding nuts/dried fruits instead.