Almond Meal Pie crust Ingredients:
1 cup blanched almond flour
1 cup almond meal
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tspn baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup jam (Fig preserve is awesome)
2/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup gluten free cake flour
8 tbsp unsalted butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp liqueur (I have used calvados)
1 tsp almond extract
- preheat oven to 350
- butter 9 inch pan
- place almond meal and flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in food processor (used vitamix), and pulse several times
- Add butter, egg, vanilla and almond extract, and pulse until a ball forms
press the dough flat in an even layer into the buttered pan.
- bake the shell for 12 minutes
- While the crust bakes mix the frangipane layer:
- in a medium sized bowl measure almond meal and flour
- in the food processor add sugar and butter (cut into cubes) and pulse until mixed
- Add the 3 egg one at a time and pulse until well combined
- Add the honey, liqueur, and almond extract
- Add the almond meal, and the cake flour.
- Take the pan out of the oven, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Warm jam in microwave a little to make it easier to manipulate.
- Pour jam on the baked pie bottom and using a spoon spread evenly on cake.
- Pour frangipane mixture on jam layer
- bake in oven for 24 min until springy to touch