26 April, 2009
Recipe: Fruit Oat CrispPosted in : 9x13'' pan, Fruits, oats, Recipe on by : admin
A great fruit crumble treat that goes amazingly well warm with vanilla ice cream on top.
Servings : 12
Preparation Time : 25 Minutes
Cooking Time : 50 Minutes
Equipment: 12 four inch ramekins or 8×8 inch pan
1 stick of butter (½ cup) cut into cubes
1 cup flour
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup rolled oats
2 lbs fruits (plums, apricots, berries, nectarine, pears) cut into large cubes
½ tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon cinnamon
A pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 F with the rack on the lower third.
- Butter 12 four inch ramekins or 8×8 pan and place on a aluminum foil lined cookie sheet.
- In a mixer bowl place the flour, sugars, cinnamon and salt. Drop butter cubes and with the pedal attachment mix until mix resembles large crumbs.
Add rolled oats, and mix only until mixed.
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl and add to the fruits and lemon juice.
- Pour the fruits into the buttered pan/12 ramekins.
- Pour the rolled oat crumble on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour until juices are bubbling and the top is evenly brown
Serve hot or cold with vanilla ice cream.