21 May, 2009
Banana Bread RecipePosted in : banana, Fruits, loaf pan, Recipe on by : admin
The banana flavor of this bread is not overwhelming, which is surprising considering the how many bananas are inside it.
The original recipe is from The Baker’s Dozen Cookbook. It was very slightly modified
Servings : Makes a 8.5×4.5” loaf
Preparation Time : 20 Minutes
Cooking Time : 60 Minutes
Equipment: 8.5×4.5” loaf pan
3 extremely ripe medium bananas
1 ¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
2 large eggs
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (Make sure rack is in the oven center).
- Butter a metal bread pan (8.5×4.5 loaf pan).
- Mash the bananas (with fork or potato masher)
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Place the butter and the sugar into a mixer bowl, and using the pedal attachment mix to gritty paste. One at a time add eggs, until absorbed. Add mashed bananas. If using walnuts, add walnuts. (Do not worry if mixture is lumpy). Add the dry ingredients. Don’t over mix!
- Spread the batter in the pan.
- Bake for an hour.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in pan, then invert the pan, extract it from pan, and let the cake cool down right side up.
I use a silicon 8.5×4.5” loaf pan