1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
1 cup baker’s sugar
4 large eggs room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream (14% fat)
4 oz semisweet chocolate bar melted
2 oz of espresso at room temp
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Oil and flour/cocoa powder the loaf pan (I use silicone pan, so I skip this completely)
- Measure flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- In the mixer bowl, cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing each well before adding another. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add sour cream and dry ingredients.
- Scoop out half the batter into The medium bowl.
- Add and mix the melted chocolate and the cooled espresso into the half left in the mixer bowl. Make sure to scrape lighter batter, and mix well to form uniform brown batter.
- Using a spatula mix chocolate chips
- Scoop alternating the light and dark batters into the loaf pan. Use a knife to swirl the two batters a little.
- Bake the loaf for about 30.
- Lower oven temp to 325, and bake for 40 minutes more
- Test cake for doneness with a knife. The knife should come out “dry”