* 9” round cake (3 layers + sprinkle)
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- (optional: 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces)
|A NOTE ABOUT LAYERS/PAN USED:
The amount of cake layers depends on the pan used: using a loaf pan (3 layers of cake, 2 layers of swirl & a sprinkle on top) or a 9” round pan/tube pan (2 layers of cake, 1 layer of swirl, & a sprinkle on top).
- Warm Oven to 325°F
- Butter pan lightly
- Using a mixer combine sugar and butter until smooth
- Add one egg at a time
- Add vanilla and almond extract
- Add flour and salt, and whipping cream. Mix until smooth.
- measure swirle dry ingredients
- add melted butter
- use fork to mix until well combined (little crumbs)
- Pour the first layer of the cake mix into the pan.
- Alternate cinnamon swirl with cake mix (see note above)
- Make sure to leave 2-3 tbsp of cinnamon swirl to sprinkle on top
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Insert tooth pick/sharp knife to test doneness (if it is still liquid stick in oven for 5-10 more minutes)