I tried this recipe, and it is out of this world!
Next time I will try to add some nuts to the middle, and see how it works.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup of sugar
1½ tablespoon Cinnamon
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F (Make sure rack is in the oven center).
- Butter the 8×8 inch pan.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and cinnam0n in a bowl.
- Place the butter sugar, and egg into a mixer bowl, and using the pedal attachment cream together.
- Add to the mixing bowl the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk . Don’t over mix!
- Spread half of the the batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the Cinnamon sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- gently pore the rest of the batter over the cinnamon sprinkle.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sprinkle on the cake.
- Bake for half an hour.
- This cake is great warm or cold