1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
1 medium Apple peeled, and cored sliced into thin slices
4 medium apples, peeled, cut to thin slice
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup roasted pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a pan 9 x 13” pan with parchment paper
- Caramel Topping: in a small sauce pan, heat butter, brown sugar and heavy cream until boiling.
- Pour Caramel into parchment paper lined pan 9 x 13” pan
- Arrange thinly sliced apple on Caramel. whatever does not fit use later to mix in batter
- Combine and mix flour and baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a mixer bowl cream sugar and butter together
- add one egg at a time and mix well
- add vanilla
- add dry ingredients & milk into wet mixture and mix. Do not over mix.
- When all is combined, add apples. (Optional: add pecan pieces).
- Carefully pour mixture into pan
- Bake for 65 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry)
- Let cake cool (at least 30 mins).
- Using a large flat parchment lined surface (cutting board) invert cake.
- Gently slide the cake back into the pan.