I have to give Tali Kreindler full credit for this cake. I told her that I have too many blueberries, and she gave me this amazing, easy to make, recipe.
Servings : Makes a 8×8 inch cake
Preparation Time : 20 Minutes
Cooking Time : 50 Minutes
Equipment: 8×8 inch pan
1½ cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
1¾ cups fresh apricots cut to cubes
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F (Make sure rack is in the oven center).
- Butter the 8×8 inch pan.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Place the butter sugar, and egg into a mixer bowl, and using the pedal attachment cream together.
- add the vanilla to the milk.
- Add to the mixing ball the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk . Don’t over mix!
- Fold in Blueberries.
- Spread the batter in the pan.
- in the same mixing ball, combine (no need to wash ball), combine ½ cup of brown sugar, the flour, Cinnamon and butter.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the cake.
- Bake at 375 for half an hour, then lower temp to 325 and bake for 20 mins more.
- Can be served hot or cold
A friend who tried the cake thought it would be good also with other fruits. I definitely want to try it with apples…