1 cup whole wheat grain flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
(optional: 1 tsp pie spice)
1 tsp orange zest
¼ tsp salt
2 cups of grated carrots and zucchini (about half carrot + half zucchini)
1 large apple grated or cut small (~2 cups)
½ cup raisins
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup oil
½ cup apple sauce
¼ cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
optional sprinkle: ¼ cup sunflower seeds/rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line muffin pan with 18 baking liners
- In a large bowl mix together flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt.
- Stir in the carrot, zucchini, apple, raisins, nuts, & coconut.
- In a medium ball mix eggs, oil, applesauce & vanilla.
- pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix until combined (do not over mix).
- Fill muffin liners all the way to the top (those muffins hardly rise during baking)
- (optional: sprinkle rolled oats or sunflower seeds on muffins)
bake for 30 minutes. (They are ready when a knife/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean)
Store this muffins in an airtight container in the fridge. They go moldy in a few days without refrigeration.