Helena visited and said Confetti cake is her favorite. I couldn’t find a recipe I liked so I had to come up with my own version.
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine and mix flour and baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- cream sugar and butter in a mixer bowl (Using a paddle attachment) .
- Add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour to the mixture, and pour slowly the milk into the batter.
- Adding the sprinkles is a time sensitive step:
Add the sprinkles into the batter. Quickly mix it, and divide batter among muffin cups. The longer the sprinkles are in contact with the wet batter, the more the food coloring starts to mix into the batter.
- Bake until cupcakes are golden, and a knife inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Probably 20-25 minutes (30 minutes in my subpar oven)
- Let cupcakes cool down (for an hour or so)
- Melt chocolate and butter slowly in microwave. Mix well.
- dip cupcakes top down in chocolate frosting. I used spatula to pile a little more chocolate on each cupcake.
- sprinkle with sprinkles.
This recipe is based on “White Cupcakes with strawberry Buttercream” recipe from Martha Stewart’s Baking Handbook [p. 169].
To make a layer cake: (Sweety requested this for her birthday party)
Line two 9 inch round cake pans with parchment circles.
Butter pan and parchment.
Place cake strips on outside of pans (to insure even baking)
Follow Cupcakes recipe instructions.
Bake for 30-35 minutes (probably 40 minutes in my oven)
Double the ingredients and bake in two . Follow instructions to make cupcakes