I made this with Sweety and she loved it. The best part about this recipe other than the obvious double chocolaty goodness, is that there is no need to wait for the dough to cool down in the fridge, so within an hour you can sample the goods.
Servings : 36 cookies
Preparation Time : 25 Minutes
Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
Equipment: 3 Silpat baking mat (or parchment paper) covered cookie sheets
4 oz bittersweet chocolate
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract (optional)
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks (or chips)
1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 380 F with the racks on the lower third and upper third.
- Coarsely chop the 4 oz bittersweet chocolate and the 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, and place in a microwavable bowl with the 6 tbsp of butter.
- Carefully melt the chocolate and the butter in the microwave (start with a minute on half or less power). Stir and return to microwave, gradually heating and mixing the mixture until smooth.
- In a mixer bowl place the melted chocolate and butter with the sugar. Mix with the paddle attachment until combined.
- Add one egg at a time
- Add vanilla and chocolate extract
- Add flour and salt. Mix until combined. Add chocolate chunks/chips and nuts.
- With a small ice cream scooper (1.5 inch) form balls on the cookie sheets.
- Start by baking for 7 minutes on lower rack. Move to higher rack and bake for 7 more minutes
- Cool on cookies cooling wire
- When completely cold transfer to airtight container.