13 September, 2009
Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Pancakes RecipePosted in : bread, Chocolate, Recipe on by : admin
This is a favorite of my family. I make way too many, freeze leftovers when they cool in a Ziploc bag, and the girls eat them from breakfast, or a quick snack.
Servings : 40 small pancakes
Preparation Time : 5 Minutes
Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
Equipment: nonstick square pan
1 ¾ cups flour
4 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
5 large eggs
2 cups ButterMilk
½ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl stir the eggs and buttermilk.
- Add at once the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Stir until combined.
- Add the mini chocolate chips. (Do not over mix).
- heat pan over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, using a small ice cream scooper, pour mixture on the pan.
- Flip pancakes. Pancakes are ready to be flipped when have bubbly surface, and slightly dry edges.
- Remove pancakes. Pancakes are ready to be removed from the pan when the edge that touches the pan turns brown.
- Serve. Cool leftovers. Freeze in a Ziploc bag.
To unfreeze pancakes, wrap a few in paper napkin and heat on low capacity in the microwave.